- Beloved mountain biking photographer recovering after accidenton 6月 4, 2023 at 3:04 上午
David Blucher was hit by a rider at Canberra's Mount Stromlo, breaking his spine in multiple places.
- David was photographing mountain bikers when he was struck by a rider. He's now learning to walk again by James Glenday on 6月 4, 2023 at 12:07 上午
Popular photographer David Blucher was hit by a rider at Canberra's Mount Stromlo, breaking his spine in multiple places. Five months later, he's taking his first steps on a long road to recovery.
- Opposing sides find common ground in criticising ACT government's approach to Calvary hospital takeoverby Harry Frost on 6月 3, 2023 at 8:37 下午
Opinions are mixed on the ACT government's takeover of Calvary Public Hospital, but condemnation of the way the government has gone about the process is almost unanimous.
- As the inquiry into Bruce Lehrmann's trial wrapped up, it was clear the goalposts had shiftedby Elizabeth Byrne on 6月 3, 2023 at 12:14 上午
At the outset, Walter Sofronoff thought he would have to consider if charges should have been laid against Bruce Lehrmann. But when he asked anyone involved in the inquiry if they wanted to argue against the prosecution, you could hear a pin drop.
- What are my odds of sunshine in three months? Here's what the BOM's long-range outlook can tell youby Tyne Logan on 6月 2, 2023 at 9:31 下午
It might not give you the forecast for a specific date months in advance but the BOM's long-range outlook can be a great tool for assessing your odds of sunshine and rain down the track. So how can you use it?
- When she was younger, Naomi was abused by her coaches at the AIS. Now she's receiving compensationby Peter Lusted on 6月 2, 2023 at 8:57 下午
Naomi Lee was abused by her elite gymnastics coaches between the ages of 11 and 14. The Australian Sports Commission will now compensate her for the psychological harm she suffered.
- Late Raiders penalty breaks Wests Tigers hearts after dramatic fightbackon 6月 2, 2023 at 9:31 上午
Canberra survives a furious fightback from the Wests Tigers to secure a dramatic 20-19 NRL victory at Campbelltown.
- Indigenous advocate says government review into incarceration rates is just another 'talkfest'by Niki Burnside on 6月 2, 2023 at 6:54 上午
The ACT government announces it will hold a review into how it is responding to the over-representation of Indigenous people in its criminal justice system, but local First Nations advocates say it does not go far enough.
- Ben Roberts-Smith's memorabilia to remain on display at Australian War Memorialby Tahlia Roy and Nour Haydar on 6月 2, 2023 at 6:24 上午
The memorial says it will continue to display disgraced war veteran Ben Roberts-Smith's uniform and medals for now, but will consider adding context.
- All the latest COVID-19 case numbers from around Australia — plus the news you may have missedon 6月 2, 2023 at 1:38 上午
Here's a quick wrap of the COVID-19 news and case numbers from each Australian jurisdiction from the past week.
- Which public servants will receive salary boosts under the plan to fix pay gaps?by Markus Mannheim on 6月 2, 2023 at 12:02 上午
The government's proposal is expected to increase the pay of about 2 per cent of its workforce. These charts show exactly who those staff are.
- Australian Classification Board to offer more consumer adviceon 6月 2, 2023 at 12:02 上午
Fiona Jolly Classification Board Director explains the changes to the current classification system for television, movies and electronic games.
- Claims of 'rip-off' as solar feed-in tariffs plummet even as power prices soarby Daniel Mercer on 6月 1, 2023 at 10:12 下午
Rocketing power prices have reignited interest in rooftop solar, but are low feed-in tariffs discouraging people from taking the plunge?
- Fake reviews, celebrity deals and no evidence base: The 'very strange' world of mental health appsby Sam Nichols on 6月 1, 2023 at 7:00 下午
Mental health apps have flourished in the gaps within mental healthcare. But the products are also exempt from regulations in Australia, with some experts concerned about user safety.
- Queensland wins Women's State of Origin Game Iby Simon Smale on 6月 1, 2023 at 8:58 上午
The Maroons prevail 18-10 in a scrappy, high-intensity contest in Western Sydney to take a 1-0 lead in the two-game series.
- Federal government plans to strengthen AI regulationon 6月 1, 2023 at 8:25 上午
AI expert Vaibhav Namburi says Australia has a lot to learn about the technology before deciding how it should be regulated.
- Judge dismisses defamation case brought by Ben Roberts-Smithon 6月 1, 2023 at 5:32 上午
A defamation case by war veteran Ben Roberts-Smith against three newspapers has been dismissed. Associate Professor Jason Bosland analyses the verdict.
- 'Worrying' warm, dry winter tipped for virtually all of Australiaby Tyne Logan on 6月 1, 2023 at 5:24 上午
The Bureau of Meteorology forecasts parched conditions across virtually all of Australia this winter as a double whammy of drought-linked climate drivers brew in waters to the west and east.
- Court battle begins as Calvary Health Care tries to halt ACT government's hospital takeoverby Rosie King and Tahlia Roy on 6月 1, 2023 at 5:22 上午
The ACT government remains steadfast in its planned takeover of Calvary Public Hospital as national executives for the Catholic-owned facility follow through on threats of legal action.
- Ben Roberts-Smith defamation case dismissed in Federal Courton 6月 1, 2023 at 4:49 上午
Justice Anthony Besanko delivers his findings in the Federal Court.
- Victims' advocate defends her show of support for Brittany Higgins during rape trialby Patrick Bell on 6月 1, 2023 at 4:47 上午
ACT Victims of Crime Commissioner Heidi Yates says walking into court with the alleged victim during Bruce Lehrmann's trial was one of her statutory duties.
- 'A very sorry tale': Greens leader Adam Bandt accuses NT government of hiding emissions reportby Roxanne Fitzgerald on 5月 31, 2023 at 8:32 下午
The Northern Territory government is accused of hiding a report forecasting future emissions to cover up a "very sorry tale" of further increases.
- Miracle try savers, controversial bunker calls and a flying prop: Five things we learned from Origin Iby Simon Smale on 5月 31, 2023 at 6:45 下午
Desperate defence, a contentious sin-binning and a prop taking to the air all contributed to one of the most dramatic and unlikely State of Origin wins in Queensland history. Here's the five main talking points.
- PM says PwC's confidentiality breaches are "deeply troubling"on 5月 31, 2023 at 11:04 上午
The Greens have called for the matter to be referred to the National Anti-Corruption Commission, but Anthony Albanese insists a police investigation is more significant.
- PwC asked to hand over more information amid new investigation into leakby Stephanie Borys on 5月 31, 2023 at 10:18 上午
PriceWaterHouse Coopers insists it will comply with a request to hand over information to the Tax Practitioners Board looking into the leaking of confidential treasury documents.