- 'Not my precious baby': Mother of ANU stabbing victim Ilysha Perry feared she wouldn't get to the hospital in timeby Tahlia Roy on 9月 25, 2023 at 6:53 上午
Twenty-year-old Ilysha Perry remains in hospital in a serious but stable condition after being stabbed on campus at the Australian National University.
- Canberra man behind bars for allegedly stabbing woman in carjacking in shopping centre car parkby Elizabeth Byrne on 9月 25, 2023 at 5:47 上午
A Canberra man accused of stabbing a woman during an alleged carjacking in a shopping centre car park is behind bars after being refused bail.
- New standards for EV charging in ACT from next yearon 9月 25, 2023 at 3:34 上午
There's growing pressure for governments to support body corporates to retrofit apartment block parking to allow for EV charging.
- Canada and India conflict 'diplomatically difficult' for Australiaon 9月 24, 2023 at 10:29 下午
Dr Danielle Ireland-Piper says the conflict between Canada and India is diplomatically difficult for Australia as both nations are crucial allies.
- Adam can now charge his EV in his Canberra apartment building, but it didn't come cheapby Patrick Bell on 9月 24, 2023 at 8:33 下午
Adam Scott's apartment complex paid to retrofit its basement so electric vehicles could charge there, which EV owners say has been life changing.
- Here are the top tips from experts to protect yourself against scamson 9月 24, 2023 at 5:01 上午
Scams are everywhere. So how do you protect yourselves? We asked experts from banks, police, telcos and fraud agencies. Here's what they recommend.
- Murray Watt assures Australia is prepared for fire seasonon 9月 24, 2023 at 3:26 上午
Agriculture Minister Murray Watt says Australia is much better prepared for the fire season than the black summer bushfires.
- 'Monty' the therapy dog helps improve students' wellbeingon 9月 24, 2023 at 2:18 上午
Monty the wellbeing dog is helping students at St Monica's Primary School stress less and motivating them to show up to classes and learn.
- Cocaine worth $280,000 found in hidden compartments of repossessed car in Canberraby Charlotte Gore on 9月 24, 2023 at 1:29 上午
A search of the vehicle revealed cocaine in two motorised hidden compartments, which ACT Policing say were sophisticated and professionally installed, indicative of organised crime.
- Disability Royal Commission to deliver final reporton 9月 24, 2023 at 1:15 上午
Hopes are high in the community for a long-awaited change as the Disability Royal Commission hands down its final report.
- Federal government proposes skills passport systemon 9月 23, 2023 at 11:24 下午
Greg Jericho from the Australia Institute discusses the federal government's skills passport system which will help workers advertise their qualifications.
- Monty the cavoodle visits this school part-time, and his presence is increasing attendanceby Emmy Groves on 9月 23, 2023 at 10:18 下午
Therapy dogs are proven to alleviate anxiety, something school students in Australia are increasingly experiencing, but as their popularity grows experts say more regulation is needed.
- Teachers have their own category at an awards show and it's about timeby Mawunyo Gbogbo on 9月 23, 2023 at 7:55 下午
There's a certain subject at school that is music to the ears of its students and the outcomes speak for themselves. Now, finally, teachers are being recognised for the role they play in the lives of music-loving children.
- Sandra Sully says the emphasis on her appearance has been 'ridiculous' during her television careerby Myles Wearring on 9月 23, 2023 at 6:44 下午
Sandra Sully says she once called out the behaviour of a former male colleague after hearing him say a particular journalist's breasts were too large for her role on camera.
- Protesters gather in major cities, calling for No vote in Voice referendumon 9月 23, 2023 at 6:20 上午
Hundreds of people attend unofficial No vote rallies across Australia ahead of the Voice to Parliament referendum on October 14.
- What's Australia's worst insect stinger? Hint: it's not the dreaded fire antby Gavin McGrath on 9月 23, 2023 at 12:33 上午
Fire ants are a real pain. Their name is based on what it feels like to be stung by one — but it is far from the biggest pain in the insect world.
- Generators pay to stay on as dominant rooftop solar 'cannibalises' electricity pricesby Daniel Mercer on 9月 22, 2023 at 10:13 下午
The rise of rooftop solar in Australia shows no signs of slowing, bringing cheap, clean power. But the technology is also reshaping the power system in some surprising ways.
- Simple maths tells us Canberra is likely heading into an extremely hot summerby Markus Mannheim on 9月 22, 2023 at 10:01 下午
Climate data suggests the capital's average monthly temperatures may be 3.5 degrees higher than usual, but the days of extreme heat are less predictable.
- This neurotoxin is now suspended from use on mangoes and avocados after harvest, so why not oranges?by Nathan Morris on 9月 22, 2023 at 9:16 下午
Dimethoate is already banned in Europe, and now Australia's chemical regulator has suspended its post-harvest use on the popular fruits, so what's the risk if you've been eating them for years?
- El Niño summers show no swing towards wet or dry for majority of Australiaby Tom Saunders on 9月 22, 2023 at 7:10 下午
The ABC's national weather wrap is back, as our meteorologist Tom Saunders breaks down why the declaration of El Niño and a positive Indian Ocean Dipole doesn't guarantee a dry summer.
- Push for more women to be recognised in Australian statueson 9月 22, 2023 at 4:24 上午
There's a growing movement around the country for more statues that celebrate the life and work of women.
- SMS scam filtering feature has blocked 300 million textson 9月 22, 2023 at 1:39 上午
Narelle Devine Telstra's Chief Information & Security Officer talks about what consumers can do if they receive a scam text message.
- Family of Canberra grandmother fills court as accused killer makes first appearance in ACTby Elizabeth Byrne on 9月 22, 2023 at 1:17 上午
Steve Fabriczy is charged with murdering 73 year old Irma Palasics during a violent home invasion in 1999. He is remanded in custody and will reappear in court next month.
- Federal Treasurer Jim Chalmers talks about the COVID 19 Response Inquiryon 9月 22, 2023 at 12:37 上午
Federal Treasurer Jim Chalmers explains why the states are being excluded from the COVID 19 Response Inquiry.
- The man accused of killing 73-year-old Irma Plastics will face court in Canberraon 9月 21, 2023 at 11:59 下午
A Melbourne court granted the extradition this afternoon. As new details emerged about the investigation in the infamous cold case.