- Cost-of-living crisis bites as kids head back to the classroomon 1月 31, 2023 at 12:44 上午
School is back for more than 50,000 students around the ACT this week and an increasing number of families can't afford back-to-school essentials.
- ACT hopes $6.5m cancer research lab will attract clinical trialson 1月 31, 2023 at 12:43 上午
The ACT Government believes the new cancer research facility, to be built at the Canberra Hospital, will also help attract and retain specialists.
- The 'mismatch' between Australia's renewable energy ambitions and the reality on the groundby Daniel Mercer on 1月 30, 2023 at 7:31 下午
A top energy expert says Australia is adding renewable energy at less than half the pace required to replace retiring coal-fired power generation and meet its 2030 climate targets.
- This couple were told they could have any job they wanted as part of their sea changeby Nick McLaren on 1月 29, 2023 at 7:54 下午
When Fiona and Richard decided to move their young family from Adelaide to the NSW south coast in 2020, they had no trouble finding work. But it hasn't all been smooth sailing.
- 'A place to just be myself': This social group offers friendship and connection for neurodivergent young adultsby Emma Thompson on 1月 28, 2023 at 9:07 下午
With participants' age spanning from 16 to their late 20s, The With Friends Initiative is hoping to fill the need for social group interaction for young, neurodivergent Canberrans as they enter adulthood.
- How an Australian basketball team went from playing with Magic Johnson to losing their jobs in a matter of weeksby Donal Sheil on 1月 27, 2023 at 10:07 下午
It's November 2002 and NBA legend Magic Johnson has hand-picked a little-known Australian team to take on his former squad, the Michigan State Spartans.
- ACCC warns of an east coast gas shortage in 2023 despite government interventionby Daniel Mercer on 1月 27, 2023 at 5:57 上午
The competition watchdog warns committed east coast gas supplies could fall short in 2023 as it calls on providers to release more of their uncontracted supplies.
- Asteroid hurtles past Earth in close encounter with our planeton 1月 27, 2023 at 1:15 上午
Astrophysicist Dr Brad Tucker says the asteroid the size of a truck that hurtled past the planet would have produced a shock wave if it hit the atmosphere.
- Glut of influencers already reported to ACCC amid sweep of hidden adsby Daniel Keane on 1月 27, 2023 at 12:05 上午
A cross-platform social media sweep launched this week by the consumer watchdog has already prompted more than 150 tip-offs, mostly in relation to influencers in the fields of beauty, lifestyle, fashion and parenting.
- 'You don't know if they're going to live to see 13': Mother says Canberra health system failing children with eating disordersby Chantelle Al-Khouri on 1月 26, 2023 at 8:15 下午
One Canberra father made the drastic decision to quit his job and move interstate with his child to find more adequate treatment for his child's anorexia nervosa.
- Can you guess how much inflation has driven up the price of common goods?by Shiloh Payne on 1月 26, 2023 at 6:37 下午
As inflation rose higher than expected during 2022, the rise in the cost of living has significantly impacted Australians in many different areas of their lives. Let's unpack the figures and hear from those struggling with cost-of-living pressures.
- Sikh food charity founder named Local Hero 2023on 1月 25, 2023 at 11:35 下午
Sikh migrant Amar Singh is this year's Australian Local Hero — he helps people in need, whether that's farmers in drought, flood victims or bushfire-stranded families.
- How the new Australian of the Year is fighting a body image 'emergency'on 1月 25, 2023 at 10:42 下午
Taryn Brumfitt launched her body image movement after her reverse "before and after" photo went viral. Now she is taking those messages into schools.
- Thong throwing and backyard barbecues a staple at Australia Day celebrationson 1月 25, 2023 at 10:02 下午
Australia Day is being marked by reflection and revelry, with events held across the nation from first light.
- 2023 Australian of the Year Taryn Brumfitt on News Breakfaston 1月 25, 2023 at 9:58 下午
Body image campaigner Taryn Brumfitt spoke to ABC News about her work and being named 2023 Australian of the Year.
- Warning over Jervis Bay's hidden dangers after drowning tragediesby Jessica Clifford on 1月 25, 2023 at 9:07 下午
The crystal waters of Jervis Bay can look calm and inviting but there are hidden dangers and emergency services are pleading with people to be careful.
- The records that could fall during this year's triple j Hottest 100 countdownby Matt Neal on 1月 25, 2023 at 8:13 下午
The vote is going to be a thriller and it's possible some long-standing records could be broken during this year's countdown.
- Body-image campaigner named 2023 Australian of the Yearon 1月 25, 2023 at 7:54 下午
Adelaide woman Taryn Brumfitt, whose struggle to accept her body inspired millions of people worldwide, is the 2023 Australian of the Year.
- 'It is not our life's purpose to be at war with our body': Australian of the Year Taryn Brumfitt's speech in fullon 1月 25, 2023 at 2:30 下午
Campaigner, director, successful author and mum of four, Taryn Brumfitt's work on body image has inspired millions across the globes. Here's the 2023 Australian of the Year's acceptance speech in full.
- Body-image campaigner named 2023 Australian of the Year for helping people love their bodiesby Markus Mannheim on 1月 25, 2023 at 8:45 上午
Taryn Brumfitt, whose struggle to accept her body inspired millions of people worldwide, is the 2023 Australian of the Year.
- Meet this year's Australian of the Year nomineesby Carol Rääbus on 1月 24, 2023 at 7:40 下午
Their passions and work vary greatly from performing on stage, improving healthcare, standing up for people's rights to teaching children to love their own bodies.
- Spot power prices tumble as renewable share of energy mix reaches new highsby Daniel Mercer on 1月 24, 2023 at 6:46 下午
Embattled consumers are set for some welcome relief after sky-high wholesale electricity prices fell by more than half in the final three months of 2022, analysis shows.
- Not even Centrelink's 'God' could help sort out Rosemary's 'impossible' Robodebt billby Tobias Jurss-Lewis on 1月 23, 2023 at 5:18 上午
Rosemary Gay wiped away tears while telling the royal commission into the Robodebt scheme of her "sheer terror" at receiving a debt notice for almost $65,000.
- This employer wants to give staff the option to work on Australia Day, but it's hit a roadblockby Emma D'Agostino and Alexander Darling on 1月 23, 2023 at 4:32 上午
January 26 is a public holiday under the National Employment Standards which apply to all employees covered by the national workplace relations system. And it's proving to be difficult to change.
- Canberra lawyer and accountant lose bid to challenge undercover police operation that saw them chargedby Peter Lusted on 1月 23, 2023 at 3:02 上午
Ben Aulich and Michael Papandrea face the ACT Magistrates Court accused of conspiring with an undercover police officer to launder money from the sale of illegal cigarettes.