- BHP reports drop in iron ore shipments from Australiaby Nick Toscano on 10月 18, 2021 at 10:29 下午
BHP warns major maintenance works, a labour shortage and COVID-19 border restrictions are slowing output of the nation’s most valuable export.
- Australia news LIVE: Victoria records 1749 new local COVID-19 cases, 11 deaths; NSW records 273 new cases, four deaths; Queensland unveils reopening planby Broede Carmody on 10月 18, 2021 at 10:25 下午
Queensland’s border will remain closed to hotspot states for another two months, the end of Melbourne’s sixth citywide lockdown draws closer and it’s the second day of NSW’s corruption inquiry.
- More freedom for Queensland if vaccination rates rise, Qld treasurer saysby Jocelyn Garcia on 10月 18, 2021 at 10:20 下午
Cameron Dick says more freedom would be given to those fully vaccinated but localised lockdowns could remain in place.
- Victoria records 1749 new COVID-19 cases as 20 new GP respiratory clinics announcedby Simone Fox Koob on 10月 18, 2021 at 10:08 下午
The figures come as the state government announced 20 new GP respiratory clinics will be established around Melbourne to ease the strain on hospital emergency departments.
- Supreme Court judge bows out of WA’s ‘clash of the dynasties’by Aja Styles on 10月 18, 2021 at 10:01 下午
Justice Jennifer Smith will take on a decades-long multibillion mining dispute between two of Western Australia’s wealthiest families, just as its much-anticipated trial may be derailed.
- UWA leak reveals targets on academics, directions to leverage positionsby Aja Styles on 10月 18, 2021 at 10:00 下午
In a move reminiscent of the Panama Papers drop, about 409 pages of confidential documents produced by UWA’s executive have been publicly disseminated.
- WA allows Kimberley fracking export to unlock ‘supergiant’ gas basinby Peter Milne on 10月 18, 2021 at 10:00 下午
Deputy Premier Roger Cook talks of a “green energy vision” for WA while his department tries to unlock the Kimberley for more gas exploration by allowing gas to be exported.
- ‘Lead by example’: Former UN chief says Morrison must do more on climateby Nick O'Malley on 10月 18, 2021 at 9:59 下午
Former world leaders say Australia must step up its 2030 emission reductions targets to do its fair share on the global push to tackle climate change.
- Apple unveils new powerful MacBooks, less-expensive music subscriptionby Tim Biggs on 10月 18, 2021 at 9:58 下午
The laptops are powered by a new version of Apple’s in-house M1 chip, continuing the company’s move away from Intel.
- ASX to decline; Brambles supply chain issues, BHP iron ore dropsby Lucy Battersby on 10月 18, 2021 at 9:36 下午
Futures for the S&P/ASX 200 are pointing to a 0.3% drop at the open after a split session on Wall Street and softening oil prices.