- Higgins challenged over how long she kept dress she wore on night of alleged rapeon 10月 6, 2022 at 9:11 上午
Brittany Higgins has told a Canberra court she "made a mistake" in her testimony and did not have the dress she wore on the night she was allegedly raped under her bed for six months. Elizabeth Byrne reports.
- Russia takes Australia to court over decision to terminate new Canberra embassy leaseby Peter Lusted on 10月 6, 2022 at 6:25 上午
The lease required Russia to build an embassy within three years, but, after 11 years, only a small consular building is finished.
- Solomon Islands Prime Minister shifts tone on quick trip to meet Anthony Albaneseby Stephen Dziedzic on 10月 6, 2022 at 5:24 上午
Mr Sogavare says Solomon Islands and Australia are proud members of the Pacific family that share a deep and enduring history.
- Federal public servants set to receive 3 per cent pay rise over coming 12 monthsby Niki Burnside on 10月 6, 2022 at 2:14 上午
The Albanese government says the interim wage rise shows it is committed to "be better" than its predecessor when bargaining with its workforce.
- Sussan Ley criticises Labor government over uncertainty of stage three tax cutson 10月 6, 2022 at 12:34 上午
Deputy leader of the Opposition Sussan Ley has accused Anthony Albanese of breaching the faith of Australians over uncertainty of the Coalition's stage three tax cuts.
- 'Weirdest phone call in my life': Brittany Higgins secretly recorded Michaelia Cash, court hearsby Antoinette Radford on 10月 6, 2022 at 12:08 上午
The trial of Bruce Lehrmann — who has pleaded not guilty to a charge of raping his then-colleague Brittany Higgins in Parliament House in 2019 — continues in the Australian Capital Territory.
- Brittany Higgins told police she took pregnancy test after alleged rapeon 10月 6, 2022 at 12:06 上午
The prosecution has given a detailed account of the events surrounding the alleged assault. Brittany Higgins has described her position as 'very disposable' in the office of senator Linda Reynolds.
- After driving nearly six hours to get to and from cancer treatment, Peter says others are too unwell to even tryby Fatima Olumee on 10月 5, 2022 at 9:50 下午
Peter Cormick started making arduous trips on a "dangerous goat track" while unwell after waiting six months to access radiation treatment for his prostate cancer.
- Too few doctors want to be GPs, and existing ones increasingly want to quitby Tahlia Roy and Markus Mannheim on 10月 5, 2022 at 7:52 下午
Three in four family doctors say they are burnt-out, and most practice owners fear they will close their surgeries due to mounting costs, a survey finds.
- Higgins told police she took pregnancy test after alleged rapeon 10月 5, 2022 at 9:31 上午
The court has heard more of Ms Higgins's police interviews, in which she discusses her work relationship with Mr Lehrmann before the alleged offence. Elizabeth Byrne reports.
- Driver dies in southern NSW crash, follows horror long weekend of fatalities on roadsby Shannon Corvo on 10月 5, 2022 at 2:51 上午
The fatality near Griffith this morning follows eight deaths and 70 injuries across the long weekend.
- Brittany Higgins told police she took pregnancy test after alleged rapeby Antoinette Radford on 10月 5, 2022 at 12:37 上午
The ACT Supreme Court is told Brittany Higgins did not seek medical treatment for her alleged rape but did take a pregnancy test weeks later, while working on the federal election campaign in Perth.
- ABC's favourite shows and characters feature on coin to mark 90 years of broadcastingby Chantelle Al-Khouri on 10月 4, 2022 at 7:42 下午
The Royal Australian Mint will release two coins containing nods to long-running programs and to aspects of Australian life that the ABC has covered.
- Court hears Brittany Higgins said no 'at least half a dozen times' during alleged rape at Parliament Houseby Antoinette Radford on 10月 4, 2022 at 2:40 上午
Former Liberal Party staffer Bruce Lehrmann appears in court, charged with raping his then colleague Brittany Higgins in Parliament House in March 2019.
- Nick Kyrgios's assault case adjourned to allow time for mental health assessmentby Tahlia Roy on 10月 3, 2022 at 11:33 下午
Lawyers for tennis player Nick Kyrgios are attempting to have his assault charge dismissed on mental health grounds.
- BOM forecasts more flooding and heavy rainfall across Australiaby Kate Doyle on 10月 3, 2022 at 7:34 下午
The Bureau of Meteorology is forecasting round after round of rain this week as widespread heavy rain is expected all the way from the NT through to Tasmania.
- As most OECD countries spent more money on education at the beginning of COVID, Australia cut spendingby Gabriella Marchant on 10月 3, 2022 at 1:18 下午
Public funding of education was cut in Australia during the early stages of the coronavirus pandemic, as most of the OECD did the opposite, according to a new report.
- Canberra man accused of raping woman he met on dating app Bumbleby Penny Travers on 10月 3, 2022 at 3:26 上午
Hakan Halit Eren, 33, faced court today after allegedly sexual assaulting his date four times in a car, shortly after meeting her.
- ACT moves to streamline NDIS approvals to free up hospital bedsby Harry Frost on 10月 2, 2022 at 9:09 下午
Janet spent a year in hospital waiting for changes to her NDIS plan to be approved and supported accommodation to be found. The ACT government wants to streamline the process so others can discharge faster.
- Regional bank closures continue to devastate communities as banks push online bankingby Sam McManus on 10月 2, 2022 at 2:20 上午
The Regional Banking Taskforce is calling on banks to improve communication with regional customers and ensure local councils receive forewarnings of branch closures.
- Former Inland Rail project director claims planners 'just looked on Google Maps'by Nathan Morris and Clint Jasper on 10月 1, 2022 at 10:24 下午
A damning Senate report, ongoing community tension, and a looming government review hang over the Inland Rail, but is this vital infrastructure project really running off track?
- 'Little Kathmandu'? Canberra's rapidly growing Nepali communityby Craig Allen on 10月 1, 2022 at 9:08 下午
The capital had just 70 Nepal-born residents a decade ago, but Nepali is now the third-most-spoken language in Canberra homes, after English and Mandarin.
- Calls for policy on zero-emissions freighton 10月 1, 2022 at 9:24 上午
Industry advocates say Australia should be a leader in adopting zero-emissions freight vehicles, but they say there needs to be more policy work on the government side.
- Russia's annexation claims 'fake' says Ukraine's ambassadoron 10月 1, 2022 at 12:14 上午
The Ukrainian Ambassador to Australia says Russia's annexation announcements does not change anything for the country, calling on Australia for more weapons.
- After a week of power industry surprises, Australia arrives at a 'tipping point'by Daniel Mercer on 9月 30, 2022 at 10:14 下午
Everywhere you looked over the past few days it seemed the super-charged transition from coal-fired power to renewable energy was on display. So what's next?