- Magistrate says Queanbeyan kangaroo killer received 'ridiculously lenient' sentenceby Peter Lusted on 2月 6, 2023 at 7:11 上午
The court heard Peter John McMinn and four others ran down and killed kangaroos in a ute at Royalla in 2020.
- Mitchell, Wighton cleared for Indigenous All Stars game after Canberra arreston 2月 6, 2023 at 4:16 上午
Latrell Mitchell and Jack Wighton jet off to join the Indigenous All Stars camp, having issued an apology for their "embarrassing" arrest in Canberra.
- 'Truly sad to see Lidia Thorpe leave the Greens': Adam Bandton 2月 6, 2023 at 2:59 上午
Greens leader Adam Bandt has addressed Lidia Thorpe's resignation from the party, saying he understands her decision, but the party will remain central to balance of power.
- Report reveals women in the bush likely to die almost 20 years before city residentsby Emily Dobson, Zara Margolis, and Larissa Waterson on 2月 6, 2023 at 2:11 上午
Women and Indigenous people living in the bush are having decades of their lives shaved off due to preventable health issues and a lack of the most basic health services, a new RFDS report has revealed.
- Senator Lidia Thorpe resigns from the Greenson 2月 6, 2023 at 2:07 上午
Senator Lidia Thorpe has announced her resignation from the Greens to sit on the crossbench amid internal party division over her opposition to Indigenous Voice to Parliament.
- Woman faces court accused of abusing two-year-old granddaughter in TikTok videoby Elizabeth Byrne on 2月 6, 2023 at 12:22 上午
The 50-year-old Nepalese woman has been charged with an act of indecency against her granddaughter and was released on bail on strict conditions.
- Review of public sector board appointments 'to end jobs for mates culture' on 2月 5, 2023 at 9:12 下午
The review will be led by former public service commissioner Lynelle Briggs and will investigate the role of public sector boards and how the recruitment process can be made more transparent.
- As parliament returns, two political parties have a very big call to makeby Tom Lowrey on 2月 5, 2023 at 5:43 下午
The Liberals and Greens are actively weighing up their positions on the Indigenous Voice to Parliament, attempting to accommodate strong views among members as they head into the first parliamentary sitting week for 2023.
- High-range drink drivers and Uber assaults spark busy night for police on SA roadson 2月 5, 2023 at 12:55 上午
Two alleged high-range drink-drivers, an assault on an Uber driver, and a crash into two parked cars have kept SA police busy overnight. Meanwhile, the state's horror road toll continues with 15 lives now lost this year.
- Elton the puppy can sense when Charlie is about to have a seizure, but he helps him in more ways than oneby Niki Burnside on 2月 4, 2023 at 9:08 下午
Canberra boy Charlie suffers from a number of health issues, but his labrador puppy Elton has brought life-changing care and comfort to both him and his family.
- A-Leagues to revise heat policy following player, coach complaintsby Samantha Lewis on 2月 4, 2023 at 12:35 上午
A 3pm game between Canberra United and Western United resulted in multiple players experiencing symptoms of heat strain, prompting the APL to revise its threshold.
- This teenage band, with a name arising from 'an unfortunate voice crack', is juggling school and a start in the music industryby Penny Travers on 2月 3, 2023 at 9:14 下午
Friends since primary school, Josh, Callum and Will only discovered their passion for music after joining their high school's music program and realising they "sounded pretty decent together".
- Canberra man found guilty of raping woman while she sleptby Patrick Bell and Peter Lusted on 2月 3, 2023 at 9:13 下午
Thomas Earle is found guilty of rape and committing an act of indecency after pleading guilty to the crimes.
- 'Like a video game': Sahar's story was mentioned in parliament. Seconds later her phone blew upby Rachael Brown and Mahmood Fazal on 2月 3, 2023 at 6:55 下午
Since Background Briefing’s November investigation into surveillance of the Iranian diaspora in Australia, it’s received reports of harsh consequences for those who attend anti-government protests, and for their relatives.
- ACT court dismisses Kyrgios assault chargeon 2月 3, 2023 at 10:43 上午
A charge of common assault against tennis star Nick Kyrgios has been dismissed and no conviction recorded despite his earlier plea of guilty in the ACT Magistrates Court.
- Bushfire recovery scheme referred to ICACon 2月 3, 2023 at 10:43 上午
The auditor-general's report into the NSW State Government's bushfire recovery grants scheme has been passed on to the ICAC after finding Labor electorates were excluded from some funds.
- SA records second-worst road toll for the start of the year in a decadeon 2月 3, 2023 at 5:52 上午
Police are imploring motorists to drive safely after a horror start to the year on South Australian roads, including four fatal crashes this week.
- Nick Kyrgios pleads guilty to assault of ex-girlfriend.on 2月 3, 2023 at 5:02 上午
Tennis star Nick Kyrgios arrives at the ACT Magistrates Court on crutches.
- Nick Kyrgios's assault charge dismissed by magistrateon 2月 3, 2023 at 4:59 上午
A magistrate has dismissed a charge of common assault against Nick Kyrgios despite the tennis star pleading guilty at an ACT court today.
- Nick Kyrgios has assault charge dismissed despite guilty pleaby Elizabeth Byrne and Peter Lusted on 2月 3, 2023 at 4:04 上午
The ACT Magistrates Court heard the allegations arose after Kyrgios pushed his former partner when she was standing in the way, preventing him from closing the door of an Uber.
- All the latest COVID-19 case numbers from around Australia — plus the news you might have missedon 2月 3, 2023 at 3:08 上午
Here's a quick wrap of the COVID-19 news and case numbers from each Australian jurisdiction from the past week.
- Getaway driver in murder of Canberra man won't spend more time behind barsby Elizabeth Byrne on 2月 3, 2023 at 2:13 上午
Reatile Ncube, 19, was charged with being an accessory after the fact and was sentenced in the ACT Supreme Court today.
- 'Medicare not delivering the care Australians need': Mark Butleron 2月 3, 2023 at 2:09 上午
Health Minister Mark Butler has pledged to fix Medicare, saying it is not delivering the care Australians need.
- Independent MP Monique Ryan and chief of staff Sally Rugg agree to mediation in work hours disputeby Kristian Silva on 2月 3, 2023 at 1:20 上午
Federal independent MP Monique Ryan and her chief of staff, Sally Rugg, put their legal dispute on ice, agreeing to go to mediation after their lawyers front the Federal Court.
- Investigation finds Canberra woman died after sustaining 'number of injuries' allegedly at hands of partnerby Georgia Roberts on 2月 2, 2023 at 10:17 下午
ACT police were called to a residence in Canberra's north in September last year, where a woman was badly injured. Now, her partner has been charged with her murder.